Thursday, May 26, 2011

I've got something in my eye of the beholder.


I'm going to show you two pictures of ostensibly the same person. First, here's model Raquel Zimmermann as she looks without any make-up, airbrushing, or calculated lighting:




Barring the fact that she is apparently vacationing in an early print of "Eraserhead", I'd say she's a fetching lass.

Now, here's Raquel Zimmermann as she appears on the runway, assisted by make-up, body paint, lighting, and possibly duct tape:



Or perhaps I've made a mistake and that is, in fact, a picture of an escaped nuclear mannequin from the year 3000 here to subjugate the human race and harvest our brain stems? Or maybe the poster for "Black Swan" come to horrifying life? Or a stray banshee blown in off of some windy Irish moors, here to portend our doom?

Or maybe the beauty industry has forgotten where the line between "beauty" and "ghastly, bloodless, inhuman succubus" is, exactly. If so, let me be of service: it's there. It's RIGHT there.

No comments:

Post a Comment